What Is The Diamond Approach?
The Diamond Approach is a path of personal awakening. It is a teaching that welcomes every aspect of personal experience as an opportunity to learn and deepen. Being with experience as it is, with acceptance and curiosity, can open the awareness to experiences that are beyond what is already known. There is an opportunity to discover the surprising clarity, depth and beauty in each moment and live life in a new and fresh way.
“The human being is a wonderful mystery, the more we know about this mystery the more we realize how little we know. This only impels us to look further, to explore deeper, and to investigate in newer ways. It is a joy to know ourselves and others, to actualize more of our infinite possibilities, and to extend our humanity to its farthest horizons.”
—A.H. Almaas, founder of the Diamond Approach
This teaching values the uniqueness of each individual and meets you precisely where you are. The Diamond Approach emphasizes the development of personal essence as an expression of your unique and very individual presence. In this way, the personal embodiment of your spiritual nature is expanded and realized.
The Methods of the Diamond Approach
As a contemporary spiritual teaching the Diamond Approach considers the whole human being, integrating contemporary psychological science with ancient spiritual wisdom. Traditional practices of meditation, movement and self-awareness are combined with the practice of inquiry to support a deep and lasting realization.
By inquiring into your immediate experience, you can see and understand the psychological patterns and beliefs that obscure and limit the deeper connection to your inner, real nature.
Liberating yourself from the constraints of the past, opens the way for all of the innate qualities of presence to arise. This includes love, compassion, clarity, peace, strength, will and truth. These, along with many other qualities, are then free to become a part of the living reality of your everyday life.
For a more in depth description of the Diamond Approach, see our Frequently Asked Questions and articles and videos below.
- The Diamond Approach: An Introduction to the Teachings of A.H. Almaas by John Davis
- Spacecruiser Inquiry: True Guidance for the Inner Journey Home by A.H. Almaas
- Soul Without Shame: A Guide to Liberating Yourself from the Judge Within by Byron Brown
- The Spiritual Dimension of the Enneagram: Nine Faces of the Soul by Sandra Maitri
- Diamond Heart Series by A. H. Almaas
- Book One: Elements of the Real in Man
- Book Two: The Freedom to Be
- Book Three: Being and the Meaning of Life
- Book Four: Indestructible Innocence
- Book Five: Inexhaustible Mystery
- The Unfolding Now
- The Passionate Love for Truth http://www.ahalmaas.com/articles/caduceus-2004
- What Really Matters 1995 http://www.ahalmaas.com/articles/what-really-matters-1995
- Ennegram Monthly 1999: Conversation with A. H. Almaas http://www.ahalmaas.com/articles/ennegram-monthly-1999
- Common Boundary 1999 http://www.ahalmaas.com/articles/common-boundary-1999
- A.H. Almaas Discusses His Unique Synthesis of Psychology And Spirituality http://www.ahalmaas.com/articles/gnosis-1992
- The Sounds True Series with A.H. Almaas
- Talks on You Tube: Space Cruiser Inquiry, Love and Emptiness, Essence of Intelligence, The Unfolding Now
- A.H. Almass and Karen Johnson on Technology and Awakening
- A.H. Almass and Karen Johnson on Life as Spiritual Path
To view a personal invitation to the Diamond Approach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi2tuL0nMLU&feature=youtu.be